How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft: You probably heard about Minecraft but what is it? Minecraft is video game, in this game player build with blocks wherever they desire. This game has two modes “Survival Mode” and “Creative Mode”, survival mode is where player able to explore the minecraft world and player find resource and block by mining and since it is a survival mode player need to find own food and has to defend himself. And in creative mode player got resources to build whatever they want. Minecraft game available in almost every platform PC to Android or iOS, this game is better work when you have tones of RAM but by default Minecraft only allocated with 1GB of RAM so you need to allocate more RAM for playing smooth.
4 Simple Methods To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft
1. How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft version 2.0.x
2. How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft version 1.6.x
3. How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft thru AT launcher
4. How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft thru technic launcher
1. How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Version 2.0.X
- To allocate extra RAM, firstly open “Minecraft Launcher” on your device by double clicks on “ Minecraft” icon.
- Once “ Minecraft” launcher open click on the “Launch Options” button in the top right of the window.
- Check if “Advanced Settings” is in green color if it is not in green color then click on “Advanced Settings” and then “Please Note” window will appear and just click on “OK” button.
- Now you have 2 options, chose which is easy for you:
- You can make new profile and for this click on “Add New” then you will see name box and enter the name of your choice.
- Now you can change screen resolution, click on “Resolution” box and select highest resolution.
- Then go to “Java executable” and make sure you have latest version of Java; if you don’t have then you can download thru Java site.
- Click on “JVM arguments” and in box you will see text line “Xmx1G” in this “1G” denote one gigabyte (GB), it is default setting which mean that Minecraft use 1GB of RAM. So replace text “Xmx1G” to “Xmx4G”.
- Now in bottom you will see “Save” button, click on that button and you can play Minecraft without any issue.
- You can edit existing profile and for this click on profile you want to change.
- Then click on “JVM arguments” and in box you will see text line “Xmx1G” in this “1G” denote one gigabyte (GB), it is default setting which mean that Minecraft use 1GB of RAM, so replace text “Xmx1G” to “Xmx4G”.
- Now click on “Save” button.
2. How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Version 1.6.X
- Firstly, click on “Edit profile” which you want to change.
- Then click on “JVM arguments” and in box you will see text line “Xmx1G” simply replace text “Xmx1G” to “Xmx4G”.
- Now click on “Save” button to save the setting.
3. How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Thru AT Launcher
If you don’t have any free space, you can use other server such as AT Launcher it allows you to download “modpack” as many as you want, to download AT launcher visit the official site of AT launcher.
- Open “AT Launcher” on your device.
- Now go to “Settings” tab it is on right side of menu panel.
- Then you will see “Java/Minecraft” tab on top navigation bar.
- You can see “Maximum Memory/RAM” option; which has drop down menu select your desired memory amount.
- Now all settings done so you need to save it, click on “Save” button which is available at bottom.
4. How To Allocate More RAM To Minecraft Thru Technic Launcher
Technic launcher is also Minecraft server it is simply designed to install “modpack” of Minecraft, let see how to install and use technic launcher.
- Go to Technic official website.
- Then click the “Windows” button.
- Now run the downloaded technic launcher application and install it.
- After installing it, open Technic Launcher.
- Click on “Launcher Options” it is available at top right side.
- Select “Java Settings” tab from navigation bar.
- Now you will see “Minecraft Java Version” option, make sure it has latest version of Java.
- Below that you will see “Memory” option you can adjust desired RAM.
- All changes you made will be saving automatically; you are free to close the window.
How Much RAM Should You Allocate To Minecraft
The answer of this question based on two factors first factor is how many mods you have and second is which kind of shades and resources pack you have. For playing Minecraft smoothly you need to allocate RAM up to 4GB or to prevent from crash you can also allocate RAM up to 5GB. We usually believe that we should allocate half of total RAM but it is not necessary suppose you have 16GB of RAM and dedicating 8GB to Minecraft is not a good idea, 8GB is lot of space you can allocate up to 4GB or 5GB that is sufficient amount of RAM for playing Minecraft.
How To Update Java Program
Minecraft run on Java so if you want to play minecraft smoothly make sure that Java is updated or if Java not updated then you can update the same.
- Go to PC setting then click on “control panel” it is in bottom left side.
- Click on “Java” then “Java Control Panel” will open.
- Then click on “update” tab from navigation bar.
- Now click on “Update Now” button.
- Then a tab will be open just click on “yes” button.
- Now Java is updated.